The theme of the Conference was “Creating Partnerships to Confront Sexual Violence in the Caribbean” and aimed to strengthen the fight against sexual violence by:
1. Bringing together Crisis Centres from more than 15 Caribbean Countries in order to establish a Regional Alliance of Crisis Centres;
2. Sharing experiences and expertise on the issue of sexual violence within each territory and throughout the Region as a whole;
3. Exploring new ways to build alliances with government, private sector and civil society, including the youth, church and police;
4. Considering the enactment of new and existing legislation within the Region;
5. Launching an “Annual Day Against Sexual Violence” to be commemorated annually by Crisis Centres and stakeholders throughout the Caribbean in an effort to bring wider attention to the scourge of sexual violence.